As a reporter, how do I get information?
- For all media inquiries during office hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.), please contact Julie Plummer at 615.316.4921
- After office hours, please contact the house supervisor at the following location:
- TriStar Summit: 615.316.3000
What should I know about Patient Condition Reports?
Patient condition may be provided consistent with the limitations imposed by the HIPAA privacy standards. If an inquiry is made using the patient’s name, general condition information may be provided that does not communicate specific information about the individual. The American Hospital Association has suggested the following one-word description of a patient’s general condition.
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released: Received treatment but not admitted.
- Treated and Transferred: Received treatment. Transferred to a different facility.
- Undetermined: Patient awaiting physician assessment.
How many beds does TriStar Summit have?
TriStar Summit is a 188 private bed regional medical center serving the residents of Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties. TriStar Summit offers a full range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, obstetric, oncology, psychiatric and diagnostic services.
How old is TriStar Summit?
TriStar Summit joined Middle Tennessee in 1994.
Is TriStar Summit a privately owned facility?
Yes. TriStar Summit is part of TriStar Health and is owned and operated by Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
How many employees and doctors does TriStar Summit have on staff?
TriStar Summit employs nearly 900 people and has a medical staff of more than 300 board certified physicians who all have one goal in mind - your health. Our employees provide outstanding healthcare with compassion and kindness, reminding our patients that when they are with us, they are part of our family.