TriStar Summit offers a full complement of cardiovascular diagnostic and treatment options to help prevent, treat and recover from heart disease and stroke. From screenings to diagnostic cardiac catheterization, from electrophysiology studies to rehabilitation, TriStar Summit's services have earned a reputation for excellence.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
TriStar Summit is an accredited Chest Pain Center through the Society of Chest Pain Centers. As an accredited Chest Pain Center, TriStar Summit strives to provide the best possible care for patients who enter the Emergency Room with complaints of chest pain. Patients with chest pain are immediately transferred from the waiting room to the ER examination area and undergo an electrocardiogram within 5 minutes of arrival. Protocols for appropriate medications, including aspirin and oxygen, are administered. A physician is summoned and reviews the electrocardiogram and sees the patient immediately. Our goal is to have patients who are having a heart attack diagnosed and treated within a 30 to 90 minute window depending on the treatment option that best meets the needs of the patient. Accreditation criteria include:
- An established relationship with the Emergency Medical System for rapid transport to the ER
- A process of rapid assessment of patients with symptoms of possible cardiac disease
- Assessment and observation processes for patients who are not experiencing chest pain but who have cardiac risk factors
- A facility design that promotes patient flow and rapid delivery of care
- Personnel with advanced training in cardiac disease, active management and physician participation in the development and oversight of the center
- Regular reviews of the program to identify opportunities for improvement
- Community outreach educational programs
Recognizing the Symptoms...
More than a million Americans suffer a heart attack each year, and another 600,000 experience a stroke. The key to survival is recognizing the symptoms and getting fast treatment at a hospital. Early detection and immediate treatment may prevent further injury to the heart or the brain. Drugs such as tissue plasminogen activator (TPA), or other thrombolytic agents, must be administered within a very short window of time after the onset of symptoms.
Heart attack warning signs may include:
- Shortness of breath & difficulty breathing
- Unexplained anxiety
- Weakness or fatigue
- Cold sweat
For more information on heart services at your TriStar hospital or for a free physician referral, please call TriStar MedLine at 615-342-1919 or 800-242-5662.